Version 8.0 Changes...
We just released our latest version of the Scheduler. Here are the major changes:
- The navigation calendar is now a floating action button. This new method provides for a more consistent experience across all mobile devices and tablets. The calendar now includes a "sync" button that you can use to quickly sync changes if you don't want to wait the normal 1-2 minutes for a sync to occur. After a sync is complete, a question will pop up about whether or not you want to redownload appointments for today if you believe there may be some issue with the dates.
- We've moved and changed the top icons.
- The "Pencil/Wrench" is now a "Hamburger" three-bar menu in the top left corner. This is a more standard icon for settings.
- There are now extra > and < buttons to navigate a week at a time.
- The help button, "?", has increased functionality including the ability to receive a text message with important links. The help button only appears on tablets.
- We spaced the buttons out so it's easier not to mis-tap.
- We disable the top buttons if you are in the process of making an appointment so you don't accidentally tap the wrong button, but will return afterward.
- The "Make an Appointment" Wizard has equivalent features to the older version but the buttons are placed and organized differently. We made this change so that we have space to add new features as well as to make it easier to understand how to access customer data, history, etc.
- There is a new "Checkout Walk-In" Feature that you access by tapping the employee name at the top of each employee column. It allows immediate checkout without the need to make an appointment.
- We now fully support variable priced items. You can provide a "default" price for each variable priced item under "Service Settings". You can then customize this variable priced item with a different price for each employee under EMPLOYEE SETTINGS. THIS FEATURE CAN ENABLE YOU to offer different prices for each employee for the same service. If you use "-" for the employee price, we will ask for the price at checkout time. If you provide "0" for the employee price, we will default to the price you set under Service Settings. If the Service Settings prices is "0", we will ask for the price with each checkout.
- There are a number of "bug" fixes. You can now, for example, edit a customer name.
- We now automatically sync customers with customer changes that occurred outside of the scheduler. In the past, you would need to use the "Refresh All" or "Refresh Customers" button. This feature is still available but should be far less necessary.
- We've added a feature where you can search your log of appointment edit/del/adds that occur on the scheduler. THIS FEATURE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
- You can now "shrink" a column by tapping on the employee name and tapping "Shrink Column" (or expand using "Show Full Column").
- The set up of Services and Employees has been changed considerably to make it more user friendly and intuitive.
- New features:
- For deposit hold for customer online scheduling, you can now choose between (a) taking a deposit immediately (Merchant Settings->Online->Immediate Charge) or (b) Our standard method of gathering credit card information and validating the security code, but NOT charging and NOT placing an actual hold on a card. Each method has it's own strengths and weaknesses. We will explain these further in our new training video which will be released shortly.
- You can now choose to book ahead any number of months.
- You can now configure to accept AMEX and/or DISCOVER for customer online booking.
- We now support variable pricing for different employees with the same service. We will explain this feature in further detail in our training video.
- We now support the ability for your customer to text "Waiting" in response to their text message reminder. The appointment icon will change to a "waiting" icon. This feature is useful if you require your merchants to wait in their car due to COVID restrictions, cautions, etc.
- You can now specify a start duration, break duration, AND finish duration for your services.
Here are the changes for the previous version:
- You can now RANK the order your services appear for selection when making an appointment. To do so, go to the Pencil->SERVICE SETTINGS and select the service (after selecting the category). You will see "Rank" as a new entry. The rule is (a) Services with a lower number appear before services with a higher number and (b) Services with no rank appear alphabetically after services with a rank.
- You can now change the column order of your employees. To do so, tap the employees name at the top. Then choose "Change View"->Change Column Order. The rule is (a) employees with a lower order number will appear before employees with a higher column order and (b) Employees with no column order will appear after employees with a column order in the same order as previous to this feature.
- If you use online scheduling, you can now control the amount of the hold (% or $) PER ITEM. This feature requires an install of the Scheduler AFTER January, 2019. Please email email@example.com for details.
- We've added the ability to search customers as well as appointments. In addition, if a customer search fails to find a customer, we now provide an option to "deep" search Clover databases or to rebuild your customer data.
- You can now attach a "quick" note to an appointment. We still support customer notes. This "quick" note is a way to attach a note just to an appointment.
- We now support a double booking warning as well as an option that PREVENTS double booking (go to the Pencil->MERCHANT SETTINGS->Display)
- You can now track the creator of an appointment using Pencil->MERCHANT SETTINGS->Display->Track Appt Creator. When this feature is turned on(per device!) and when you make an appointment, we will first prompt for the employee creating the appointment before we allow you to add a customer to the appointment.
- You can now redirect "Materials" cost to owner or employee using Pencil->MERCHANT SETTINGS->ONLINE->"Material Cost To".
- You can now control the "book ahead" requirement (in hours) for online scheduling using Pencil->MERCHANT SETTINGS->Online->Book Ahead.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on any of these new features.