1-2-3 Written Steps
We STRONGLY recommend you watch our training video (below) for details regarding each of our features. The details of your business are important to us. This video is designed to answer all of the main questions we've been asked regarding details of online scheduling, reporting, checkout, appointment setup, etc. The below instructions will help you setup quickly but ARE NOT a substitute for the training videos:
- STEP 1: Create your inventory items using the INVENTORY app or by using your Clover Web Dashboard.
- STEP 2: Place all of your service items into Clover categories of your choice (for example, place all of your hair cutting services into a category called "Hair Cuts")
- STEP 3: Create your Clover employees using the EMPLOYEES app or by using your Clover Web Dashboard. Be sure to add correct names, nicknames, email addresses, etc. because this information if exceedingly difficult to change later on (due to security concerns).
- STEP 4: Start the Salon Scheduler->Menu (3 lines in top left corner)->SERVICE SETTINGS. Tap on each category and find each service. Tap on each service and turn "Is Service" to ON for all of your services. Provide a default duration, break, commission and rank if you'd like. The cost is usually 0.0. The rank is useful for ranking how services appear in your selection list when making an appointment.
- STEP 5: Start the Salon Scheduler->Menu->EMPLOYEE SETTINGS. Tap on an employee card and tap the switch for "Performs Services" to ON if the employee needs a calendar (front desk employees, etc don't need a calendar so leave those off). Flip the switch ON for "Performs Online" if this employee will be available online. Use the SETTINGS button to modify their commissions, services times, and their weekly schedule. (You can add extra time on/off by tapping on their column button from the main appointment view).
- STEP 6: You are now ready to make an appointment. To make an appointment, tap "+" on the calendar or tap anywhere under an employee name (in the column space). A "Make an Appointment" widget will appear. You need to provide a customer name, at least one service, and a date/time in order to make an appointment. Tap DONE to schedule the appointment. Reminders are sent out automatically. To checkout an appointment, tap the appointment and tap the CHECKOUT button. To checkout multiple appointments at the same time, tap an appointment, and tap ADD TO BASKET and then on the last appointment, tap CHECKOUT.
- STEP 7: For commission reporting, be sure to view our Salon Scheduler Employee Service Report and not the Clover reports.
- STEP 8: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a callback or just ask a question. Please provide your Salon name and phone number.